Over 250 people of all ages provide around-the-clock services to seniors living at Eskaton Village Carmichael, a nonprofit Continuing Care Retirement Community on Walnut Avenue in Carmichael. For the past 25 years, Village Carmichael has been home to hundreds of seniors at different stages of their lives.
Recently at the annual awards celebration, WinterFest, Executive Director Greg Klick recognized employees in true Academy Awards style with Oscar-like statues, music and speeches.
During the celebration 23 people were honored, and there were many notable moments. Imelda Hilario received Housekeeping Team Member of the Year. Her department provided cleaning services 33,000 times in 2017 to the apartments and cottages at the Village. Dining Services Team Member of the Year, Julie Telles, and Richard Dimitroglo, Independent Living Server of the Year, helped their fellow staff members serve 368,372 meals during 2017. “That’s a lot of dishes cleaned,” said Klick.
The maintenance team responded to 7,300 requests during 12 months and Jacob Wilkerson, IT Specialist, received Maintenance Team Member of the Year for the countless times he fixed residents’ computer and Internet issues. Eskaton 21-year veteran Dale Johnson, Campus Patrol Team Member of the Year, helped his team provide 25,000 guest passes during the year.
Staff also provided residents with 4,800 organized activities including performances, speakers and outings, as well as 4,200 rides to doctor appointments and shopping.
Icon award recipient Anita Cambridge who joined Eskaton in 1985 said, “We all support each other and believe in the mission.”
Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service. Pictured left to right: Tighe Hammam, Linda Neal, Anita Cambridge, Linda Owens, Greg Klick.
“We have an incredible amount of longevity and loyalty here at the Village,” said Klick. “Every single staff member plays an essential role in enriching the lives of our residents.”
Pristina Zhang, Life Enrichment Coordinator in Memory Care, received a standing applause when her name was called for the Team Member of the Year. She thanked everyone in her department, noting she could not have done it alone. “Every day I am inspired by how hard the memory care team works,” said Zhang. “We work together to make the best out of every situation, to go above and beyond for the residents.”
Pristina Zhang, Life Enrichment Coordinator at Eskaton Village Carmichael wins Team Member of the Year award.
Other award winners included:
- Alexa Gutierrez, Memory Care Team Member of the Year
- Jinnah Francisco, Assisted Living Team Member of the Year
- Ermi Craddock, Care Center Nurse of the Year
- Mara Theresa Lozano Romero, Care Center (Non-Clinical) Team Member of the Year
- Carol Nickelberry, Care Center CNA of the Year
- Laila Joelson, Therapy Team Member of the Year
- Jesse Adams, Administration Team Member of the Year
- Kim Strong, Sales and Marketing Team Member of the Year
- Eloina Lopez, Resident Services Team Member of the Year
- Debra Lewis, Manager of the Year
- Linda Neal, Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service
- Anita Cambridge, Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service
- Lucy Ward, Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service
- Linda Owens, Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service
- Joven Russell, Icon Award Recipient for 25+ Years of Service
- Angie Tritz, Legend Award Recipient (awarded posthumously) for 25+ Years of Service
- Bob Houghton, Executive Director’s Award of Excellence
For a complete list of career opportunities available at Eskaton Village Carmichael, please visit careers.eskaton.org.