Summer is here and so is the sun.
It is important to make sure you are protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
How sunscreen should be applied:
- Follow directions and shake the bottle before using.
- Thoroughly rub sunscreen over skin to make sure the coverage is even.
- Make sure all skin is covered (including neck, ears, and lips)
- For people with thin or thinning hair, apply sunscreen to scalp.
How much should be applied:
- Sunscreen should be applied liberally and evenly to all exposed areas before sun or water exposure.
When to apply sunscreen:
- Before doing any outside activities – not just the pool (for picnics, walks, hiking, riding in a car, etc.)
How often it should be applied:
- Reapply sunscreen often, especially after swimming, perspiring, and toweling off.
Strength of sunscreen that is best:
- Apply a sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher whenever outdoors.
- As we age, our skin becomes more delicate and prone to damage. For mature skin try an SPF of 30 or higher.