- If you’ve experienced a cardiac event, following the prescribed medications regime is essential. The medication is specifically designed to help stabilize the patient’s cardiac status, a vital component of recovery.
- Attending all necessary doctors’ appointments and follow-up visits is crucial, as it affords the treating physicians and/or home healthcare providers the ability to monitor the recovery process effectively.
- Educating yourself about potential warning signs in your rehabilitation is also key, as it will allow you to identify and report these issues as soon as they appear.
- Taking preventative measures to avoid future cardiac episodes is another important element of recovering from a cardiac event.
- Eating a heart-healthy diet, initiating a weight loss and exercise plan specifically designed by a cardiac specialist, and quitting smoking all are highly recommended to anyone who has experienced a cardiac event or demonstrates a predisposition towards heart disease.
Remember to talk to your doctors, take it slow, and take care of your heart health!
About Eskaton Home Health: Eskaton’s Home Health team of skilled medical professionals can assist you with your recovery and transition back to independence from a serious health issue such as an illness, surgery, hospitalization, rehabilitation or a stay at a skilled nursing center in the comfort of your home. Eskaton Home Healthcare is a Medicare-certified home health agency — Medicare approved individuals are 100% reimbursed. Click here for more info.