During this drought it is important for everyone to think about how they can cut back water use. Our staff and residents at Eskaton Village Carmichael put their heads together and came up with some water saving initiatives.
- Any leftover water in the glasses or carafes after mealtime are used to water plants
- The dishwasher is only run if there is a completely full load
- Mops and buckets are used instead of a hose to power wash floors
- Most residents are limiting their showers to five minutes
- Residents are turning off their faucets while they brush their teeth and shave
- They use a bucket to catch the cold water that comes out of their showers before it warms up; water in the bucket is used for watering gardens
Our Eskaton team cares about the community. And that is apparent in everything they do.