Stress at any age is not good for the body. It can lead to sleeplessness, high blood pressure and even heart problems.
The same stress-relieving techniques that work for top executives, CEOs and even presidents can work for everyday stresses. Whether a family issue or a health concern is causing stress, use these tips to de-stress before you are left with more troubles—and even more stress.
Top Tips Business Leaders Use to De-Stress
- Learn to say “no.” When you have too much on your plate or too many requests, you must say “no.” It’s as simple as that. If you overdo it and end up ill, you may not be able to accomplish any of the tasks or help out anyone.
- Keep a stress journal. Find out what your potential stress triggers are. This works well if you are experiencing daily anxiety or stress. Develop strategies to overcome or avoid those stress triggers.
- Drink water. This works. Stress causes your body to produce the hormone cortisol. Dehydration also leads to increased levels of cortisol; therefore, more water equals less cortisol.
- Eat healthy. Diets low in saturated fats and high in fiber and B vitamins are shown to better regulate mood swings that can lead to feeling stressed.
- Meditate. Find a quiet place to relax and breathe deeply. The silence and relaxation that comes with deep breathing can reduce feelings of anxiety and overall stress levels.