The men at Eskaton Village Carmichael, along with their lovely ladies and extended families, enjoyed a feast followed by a fabulous car show. Executive Chef Kevin Casey created a Caribbean-themed Father’s Day Brunch that included:
- Assorted Breads, Croissants, Muffins
- Caribbean Salad with Jerk Chicken & Shrimp
- Fresh Tropical Island Fruits
- Carving Station with Caribbean Marinated Flank Steak
- Stuffed Pork Loin with Dried Fruits and Nuts and Mango Chutney
- Oven-Baked Caribbean Chicken with Sweet Plantains, Okra, Peppers and Roasted Tomatoes
- Jamaican Fisherman’s Stew
- Omelet and Waffle Station
- Corn Beef Hash with Poached Eggs
- Bacon and Smoked Hickory Apple Sausage
- Breakfast Potatoes, Turmeric Rice Pilaf, Fresh Seasonal Vegetables
Two car clubs brought dozens of classic vehicles for our dad’s viewing pleasure. Some residents were very excited when they’d recognize a car that they had owned in years past. And fun 50’s music made the day extraordinary for all.
Check out the cars in this classic film clip.